Hello beautiful people of the world, hope you all are doing well and if not, get well soon and to those having a crappy day……hang in there, we all have one of those from time to time.
Firstly I would like to start by apologising for being MIA (MISS IN ACTION) on the beauty blogging community, not that anyone noticed lol. Life has been a bit crazy and overwhelming that I had to take a step back from a lot but now am hopefully back. Now that we have got the pleasantries are out-of-the-way, let us dive right into it.
I’m that type of person who enjoys buying beauty products every chance I get but from time to time, I find myself with a few products which don’t live up to both the product and personal expectations. So today, am going to share with you part 2 of some of my product regrets (checkout part 1)
Freedom Pro Eyebrow Pomade (Dark brown) £5
This might come as surprise for some who are already familiar of this product as the Superdrug.com website has so many great reviews on it. And some even compare it to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow pomade, saying it’s a great dupe but unfortunately for me, it did not make the cut and below are the reasons why;
- For a brow pomade that’s dark brown, it did not have much colour payoff
- I had to work so hard to pick up the product (I had to dip the brush so many times to get the slightest colour out of it)
Between trying out the brow pomade and figuring out why I do not like it, I came to the conclusion that it could be due to one of three reasons;
- I’m too used to having to do my eyebrows real quick with eyebrow pencil and gel, which makes the brow pomade seem like a hassle
- Although the eyebrow products I use are either dark brown or black brown, it’s possible that I may need to try out an even darker shade (maybe a shade or two after dark brown)
- Or the product is just not good enough
MUA Pro-Base Cover and Conceal Kit (SIENNA) -£4
I absolutely love MakeUp Academy (MUA), they do some amazing eyeshadow and lipsticks but this cover and conceal kit right here, is a complete failure.
When I purchased this kit, I had such high hopes for it as the shades looked dark enough for a woman of colour to use for concealing, brightening the under-eyes as well as contouring but boy was I wrong and below are the reasons why;
- Once I dipped my beauty blender onto the concealer, the shades underneath were completely different (as you can see from the pictures above).
- Too waxy, creamy and a bit oily
- It Creases
- Has a funny smell
Hot HengFang Makeup Shimmer Gold Highlighter Liquid Brightener (03)- £2
Yep you read that name right……yes yess yesss you did. This pretty looking liquid highlighter was purchased from the wish.com website and more than anything, I was curious about a liquid highlighter as I have never heard or come across one yet.
I excitedly tried out the liquid highlighter turned but it turned out to be another disappointing beauty product which did not make my ‘purchase or use again list’ because;
- Once on the skin, the highlighter dries off very quickly (barely giving you any room for blending or moving the product around)
- The product has no shine/glow
- After blending, it leaves behind a whitish residue instead of glow
Miss Sporty Insta Glow Bronzer (001 Sunkissed Blonde) -£2.99
Miss sporty is one of the affordable drugstore brands that can be found at SuperDrug. I have never purchased or owned anything from this particular brand but thought to try something out and that something happened to be bronzer.
The results of the insta glow bronzer were rather disappointing but I discovered that, ‘it’s powder and no glow’ (pic below);
L.A Girl Matte Flat Velvet (Raven)- under £3
I absolutely love everything matte, especially when it comes to lip products and I own quite the collection but missing a satisfactory black/raven matte lipstick. Therefore, from time to time I find myself trying out different brands black matte lipsticks in hopes of finding my perfect shade (suggestions are welcome in the comment section).
Although the matte lipstick was purchased months ago, I just recently decided to try it out and I was not pleased because;
- it does not mattify
- Gives you a sheer coverage
- Moves around and transfers easily
- It is not smudge proof
- Has a minty smell and stingy feeling on lips
This brings me to the end of my makeup regret part 2 blog post, thank you for taking the time to read and stay blessed.