Hello hello beautiful people of the world, I hope this blog post finds you in good health and if not….GET WELL SOON.
Today’s post is a ‘blog recognition award’ of which I was nominated a two or three weeks ago by nnskincare (Nafisah Nu-hu Ko-ko is her name) and I know that I came late to the blogger award party (my apologies) but all the same am here now and doing it. Thank you so much for the nomination, I really enjoy your blog posts because not only are they helpful in ones everyday skincare life, they are also insightful and educational. And to those who are not familair with who she, please do check her out at nnkskincare
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them know with a link of your blog post
This is not your typical blog starting story but will tell it anyway. Believe it or not, I had no idea what blogging was or that such a network even existed until 4-5 months ago when researching and looking for ways in which one can earn extra income from home.
I’m a mother of two (my oldest in 26 months and younger one is 6 months) and have been on a year maternity leave since the beginning of May. A few months into my leave, I got bored and tired of waiting for the day to pass while caring and nurturing my children. So one day a thought hit me, ‘why not look for ways one can generate extra income from home???. I mean why not? A lot of people are doing it and excelling very well at it but not all in a day’s job. Therefore, I took it upon myself to research and find out how I can go about and achieve just that. Having done considerable amounts of research on the topic stated above, below are some of the suggested examples of how one can earn from home;
- Selling on Ebay or Amazon this could be brand new merchandise, used or old things or just things you do not need anymore but are still in good condition
- Making YouTube videos you can earn via advertising, affiliate marketing or even doing sponsored videos
- Drop shipping a selling method where you do not have to touch, package or post the item but instead connect the buyer to the supplier and benefit on the difference (e.g. you advertise on Ebay that you selling a particular turtle necklace for £5, once someone places their order with you and money comes in..you google and look for the exact necklace but at a cheaper price like £2-3. When found, you order it but instead of putting your delivery, you put the customers and have it delivered to them. At the end of it all, you benefit off the difference without having handle the parcel…..and no it not illegal at all but it can have it’s downside (just like any other). If anyone is interested in knowing more please let me know and I can write a blog post about it or you can just look it up on YouTube or do your own research
- Feeling out online surveys which I think is a complete waste of time unless you in a really desperate financial situation
- Blogging you can earn via advertising, writing sponsored posts and affiliate marketing
- Flipping merchandise- this is simply reselling an item for a higher price from the initial
- Create an online store can sale anything worth buying
- Market you passion or hobby (if it is marketable that is)- this can range from music, knitting, baking, cooking, teaching online, etc.
Honestly the list can go on and on but after having individually researched each opportunity, I was initially drawn to starting a YouTube channel but seeing as I did not have the proper recording equipment for it; I opted for blogging cause I was already in love with makeup and beauty products, plus it would be fun and enjoyable too. I have been blogging since the 26.08.17 and have never regretted it because;
- I have learnt so many different things from a lot of you
- It is fun for me to do and write these blog posts
- It has become a form of release and therapy for me
- As a mother and partner who can get consumed in everyday chaos, taking care of my children, home and partner….., it is something I can proudly say I do for me, myself and I and it makes me happy
MY ADVICE TO THE NEW BLOGGERS
- STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF AND WHY YOU STARTED YOUR BLOG
- DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHER BLOGGERS (each one of us has our own hobby, a vision, style, passion, etc…let us stay in own lane, run the race in our on time and on our own terms)
MY 5 NOMINEES
I will conclude by saying, just because I would love to start a youtube channel or the simple fact that I blog, it does not mean that I am not pursing other income related ventures. Other aspects of my life will be disclosed when I get that chance to write/blog about it.
Thank you so much for taking the time reading my post, until my next post…… Stay blessed.