Hello beautiful people of the world, I hope you are all doing well. As you can tell from the title, I will be reviewing the scandaleyes reloaded mascara from Rimmel London and a silicone sponge by Studio London.
Today’s post is somewhat late as one of the products am about to review took the internet by storm in 2016. However, the whole idea of using a silicone sponge sounded a bit silly and weird and I was unwilling to pay £11.97 for just one blender at the time.
SILIBLENDER (studio London)- £0.49
The true origin of the siliponge/blender was from a company known as molly cosmetics but after the siliblender took the internet by storm, other brands also adopted the idea and made their own.
I was lucky enough to pick one up for £0.49 from my local SuperDrug store during their early January sales. As some of you may be aware by now, YouTube is a great place for reviews but unfortunately for the siliblender, there was/is a lot of mixed feeling and reviews.
CLAIMS OF THE SILIBLENDER/SPONGE;
- It does’t soak in any product
- Very hygienic and does’t harbour any bacteria
- You only use half the product when compared to directly using a brush or sponge
- Spreading product with a siliblender will take a little getting used too but final blending can always be finished using an oval brush or usual sponge (which I personally think defeats the whole purpose of using it if I need another sponge to get the job done …but what do I know lol )
- It is easy to clean and this can be achieved by rubbing a little bit of soap and rinse with luke-warm water, with makeup remover and sanitising spray or you can just wipe it clean with makeup wipes)
- Easy to maintain and should last you a lot longer than your usual beauty blender
I put the siliblender to the test by using it to apply both my orange face corrector and foundation on two separate occasions and below is the finish it gave me;
FINISHED LOOK USING A SILIBLENDER
NOTE: From the numerous reviews I watched on YouTube, I observed that it’s best to first spread the product around the area you need it and then blend/buff away. The only two products I used were orange face corrector and Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless foundation in the shade 360 (mocha).
HOW THE SILIBLENDER LOOKED AFTER USE (without cleaning it)
- Doesn’t use up a lot of product (a little goes a long way)
- Blends incredibly well
- Easy to clean and maintain (shouldn’t harbour any bacteria)
- There was no need for the normal beauty sponge to achieve the finish look, the silisponge worked just fine by itself
- Using it takes takes a little getting used too (feels very weird holding it )
- Feels weird on the face when you blending/buffing
- I think it looks bra insert (at least it reminds me of one)
- For some strange reason, every time I look at the silisponge, I feel like squashing it for fun (that’s just me though ok lol)
- I don’t see it as a makeup game changer but it’s fun
I think the biggest trick with siliblender lays in application; how you spread the product around, blend and which side of the blender you use all play an important role. For my application, I didn’t use the flat side and as for my hard to reach areas such as the sides of my nose, I used the edges around the silisponge and it worked just fine.
Although I find myself reaching for it over and over again, am strangely having mixed feelings about it but I still kind of like it and kind of don’t…..I don’t know how to feel.
Would I recommend it? YES I WOULD
I would recommend it to anyone who wants to try something weird, fun and new. You can find different types,shapes and sizes on the SuperDrug website with prices ranging from £2.99-£10 or you can just google and find yourself a lot of other options.
SCANDALEYES REOALDED MASCARA -£6.99
The scandaleyes reloaded mascara was gifted to me by a friend but I made the effort to checkout the price on the SuperDrug website and found out that it retails for £6.99.
- Extreme volume
- Fast to wear
- No clumping
- 24hrs Wear
- Easy to take off without smudging or panda eyes and leaves no trace (they advise to use a cotton pad that has been soaked in warm water)
I have been using the scandaleyes mascara for about two weeks and its been nothing but a disappointment.
HOW IT MADE MY LASHES LOOK
- Apart from the simple fact that its affordable, I cannot find something positive to say about it
- As you can see from the picture above, the mascara was unable to fully separate my lashes
- The brush picks up too much product
- Too wet and takes a long time to dry
- Its clumpy and sticky (my lashes stuck together a lot)
- No volume
- Not easy to take off and most certainly gives you panda eyes
Unfortunately for me, the scandaleyes reloaded mascara is a no go or repurchase.
WOULD I RECOMMEND?……the risk is yours to take as I have come to realise that sometimes, just because a product has not worked for you;doesn’t mean it won’t work for the next and vice versa.
Does anyone have experience with this mascara and what was your outcome?
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.