Hello beautiful people everywhere and welcome back to yet another post/review. And to anyone stopping by for the very first time, a big welcome to you too and I hope that you will continue to make regular stops here on this blog. Now that we have got the pleasantries out-of-the-way, let us dive right into today’s foundation review.
MAYBELLINE 24hrs SUPERSTAY FOUNDATION (70 Cocoa) -£9.99
- It comes in a thick glass bottle with a white matte lid and it has a pump too
- Lasts for 24hrs (All day wear)
- Full coverage
- completely corrects visible flaws and imperfections
- For all skin types
- Soft matte finish
HOW IT LOOKED ON ME
NOTE: As the foundation claims to be full coverage, I decided to not use any concealer or colour corrector on my skin before applying foundation. And I only used one layer, didn’t bother to build up the foundation.
(No foundation versus foundation right side)
(No foundation versus foundation left side)
(No foundation versus foundation full face)
END RESULT (with only one layer of foundation)
7hrs WEAR TEST ( 5pm-1:30AM)
The picture below shows how the foundation looked after 7hrs of wear with no touch-ups whatsoever. Please do not be alarmed by the full face of makeup in the picture, I did two separate reviews on the same day. Therefore, there’s going to be an eyeshadow palette review coming up soon, stay tuned.
- Light-medium coverage
- It’s buildable
- Gives a soft-matte finish
- It somewhat has natural finish
- The foundation held up pretty well for the 7hrs I wore it (not so sure about the 24hrs, who’s got time for that right lol)
- Doesn’t completely correct visible flaws and imperfections (I could still see my pimples pooping through but again it could be due to my one layer of foundation)
- You have to handle the foundation glass bottle with care because once it falls and breaks, that’s all your foundation gone
- The foundation creased, separated or cracked within my smile lines 10 minutes after application and even got worse as the hours went on (checkout picture below) . I also observed (and he also mentioned) that the same happened to another big Youtuber known as Jeffree Star on his review of the foundation.
Overall, I am very impressed with the foundation in terms of coverage and how well it held up with other products such as concealer , highlighter and powder. Having said that, I am very disappointed in the superstay 24hrs foundation shade range because out of the 12 shades available in the UK, only 2 of those are for dark skin. Not only that but the jump between these two shades caramel and cocoa is pretty huge (checkout images below);
NOTE: Images taken from superdrug.com.
(L-R Caramel and Cocoa)
Some makeup brands are yet to learn that there are different shades of dark skin as well undertones, therefore it’s disappointing to see them release new foundation with only two shades for dark skin.
At this point, I am very confused at the logic behind these two foundation shades considering how well Maybelline have done with their shade range selection for ”fit me matte and poreless foundation” (which is literally my favourite foundation in the shade 360 mocha).
WOULD I RECOMMEND?.….I have come to realise that, just because a product works for me, doesn’t mean it will do the same for you. And just because it doesn’t work on me, doesn’t mean it won’t work for you…..So why not go ahead and try it out for yourself.
I would love to know any comments or opinions of anyone who has tried (or hasn’t) the foundation, please leave your comments in the comment section. LET’S GET CHATTY
LET’S BE FRIENDS, PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON;…WILL BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOU BACK 🙂
Thank you very much for stopping by…until next post 🙂